Divorce after So Many Years of Married Life? Is It Right?
We may be sitting at other side of the table and probably don’t have the right to comment on a sensitive issue of this sort. The person who may be reading it might identify this piece of content with the bad years which he has spent with his wife and would be recollecting all the memories and experienced he may have faced in his married life.
Discussing on the aspect as to why people get divorced after so many years is not my motive here. Rather my motto is to bring out those sensitive issues which compel a couple to such an extent that despite been married for so many years in their life, they are forced to part ways and move on with their lives, closing their chapter for ever in their book of life! Imagine the circumstances from which they have gone through which forced them to act in such a direction…a divorce after 20, 30, and sometimes even 40 years of their married lives!
For most of the people, divorce comes as a relief for a highly pressurized cooker, waiting to get burst after so many years! If you ask me, it is always better to start a fresh life, if you feel that after so many compromises, you are simply not able to gel with the person – a person whom you call your better half! What is the use of this “better half” when you simply can’t see his/ her face for even five minutes of your life? Every time you sit together, you people end up fighting over minor issues or just don’t match up with your common ideas. Is this what we call a better half – or rather HUSBAND OR WIFE?
A recent incident of Al Gore reminded me of this topic, and here I am, penning down my thoughts on this not-so spoken issue in today’s busy world. The couple is believed to split after 40 years of their marriage!
Okay, now let us discuss some of the reasons as to why couples tear apart even after so many years of their marriage:
- Extra Marital Affairs or Attraction outside the Wedlock: This is one of the biggest facets which lead to divorce, no matter how many years have passed after marriage. Either husband or the wife, who ever succumbs to the extra marital affair starts showing cold shoulders to the other one, hence leading to this ultimate demon called DIVORCE.
- Lack of Communication and Disclosure: This is another reason for parting apart. A lot of marriages begin as fairy tales, but when the main protagonists of this fairy tale start losing contact with each other, it leads to lack of communication. The gap becomes so long over the years that DIVORCE becomes the only solution!
- Not Showing Honesty: Some couples start hiding things. They start hiding minor issues which leads to the closure of even big important things in their lives. Eventually when the other spouse starts acknowledging these things, the matter leads to big fights and eventually SEPARATION!
- Significant Changes in appearance of the Spouse: It is true that emotional bond plays a huge role in marriages, but physical attraction is critical too. Both the spouses should look their level best, no matter at which stage of their marriage they are. Hence, the spouse gets indulge into Infidelity, as he or she doesn’t seem to be at all interested in the other spouse anymore.
- Boredom and Personality Shift: Some people are so restless that they want a new thing every moment. Spouse may be one of them. These people tend to get bore very easily and hence start looking for divorce. It depends on their personalities. They may all of a sudden depict their boredom after 20 years of marriage and say that they want a divorce. In addition, personality shift also plays a huge role in separation! “PEOPLE CHANGE AFTER MARRIAGE.”
- Children: After the honeymoon phase of the marriage is over, couples try to recreate their romance factor by creating children. But sometimes, this may have an opposite affect. The additional responsibilities may lead to extra burdens, more quarrels and hence BREAK-UP!
- The marriage becomes loveless after certain years of time. So, couples don’t care for each other anymore and hence, divorce becomes the last step of the ladder.
So couples just try and make sure that your marriage does not end up being victim of either of the above reasons! Cherish every moment spent with your spouse and try to rekindle love every single second!