254418 Registered Nurses (Medical) in Australia!
The profession of a Registered Nurse (Medical) has been in the ANZSCO list of occupations. This list contains all those professions which are short of skilled and qualified professionals in Australia. It is divided into two categories- Schedule 3 and Schedule 4. The occupations mentioned in Schedule 3 have to be applied for via the General Skilled Migrant program. At the same time, the jobs in the Schedule 4 need to be applied through Sponsored (State Nomination/Blood Relation) or under Regional Programs. However, when it comes to the occupation of a registered nurse, it is mentioned in both the lists. This gives an option to the applicant to apply through any of the categories based on his needs and requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Organizing and supervising the work of the enrolled nurses along with that of the health care workers.
- Providing all the necessary information to the patient and his family regarding to the treatment and therapy that is to be/being provided.
- Promoting health education by participating in promotional activities and other programs.
- Designing, implementation as well as assessment of the care that is offered to the patients. It has to be ensured that this care and treatment is being offered as the set norms and standards.
Apart from the above, there are additional responsibilities which the professional would be expected to perform.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher education.
- In some cases, both qualification as well as relevant experience is required to qualify for the same.
- On the job training might be required in specific cases.
If you are a registered nurse intending to immigrate to Australia for better opportunities, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more on the same.