Evidence of Sponsorship- New Zealand Residence Class Visa
As of now, we have learnt that if a foreign national has someone in New Zealand, the latter can sponsor him/her for the New Zealand Residence Class Visa. For the sponsorship for the visa category, sponsors are required to produce proper evidences which can support their status of being able to sponsor foreign nationals under the Resident Visa category. Let us have a look at the evidence of sponsorship:
- First of all, sponsors must provide the completely filled-up sponsorship form.
- Sponsors are expected to produce the evidence which can support that they are acceptable/eligible sponsors. Also, they must have evidence against their financial means to meet the responsibilities concerning sponsorship undertakings.
- As far as organizations or corporations as sponsors are concerned, they must support their status as a registered company or charitable trust in New Zealand.
- Evidence for New Zealand citizens may include the following:
- New Zealand passport; or
Birth certificate issued by New Zealand before 1 January 2006; or
Birth certificate issued by New Zealand on or after 1 January 2006, which must indicate New Zealand citizenship; or
New Zealand citizenship certificate; or
Confirmation of citizenship by descent certificate issued by New Zealand under the Citizenship Act 1977; or
Certificate issued under the Citizenship Act 1977 which confirms New Zealand citizenship; or
Foreign passport declaring the sponsor as a New Zealand citizen.
- Evidence for sponsors who are also Residence Class Visa holders may include;
- A current Kiwi residence class visa in their passport; or
Evidence that supports that the sponsor is deemed to hold a resident visa.
- Evidence of sponsors’ total time spent in the Kiwi land as citizens or residence class visa holders may include;
- Immigration New Zealand’s records consisting sponsors’ entry and exit from New Zealand; or
Current or previous passports of sponsors; or
Other evidence that supports the sponsors’ time spent in New Zealand.
If you are interested in applying for a residence permit to New Zealand, mail following information ASAP at email@example.com for a free of charge assessment by Ajay Sharma, principal consultant, ABHINAV.
- Your updated resume if skilled professional, or if businessmen, then brief on business profile along with information on your current personal net worth.
- If married, provide the resume for your spouse as well.
- If applicable, please provide information on children and their age.
- Information on any blood relatives residing in New Zealand. This is not a compulsory requirement to qualify for immigration to New Zealand, but serves as additional positive assessment and suitability factor.