London Mayor Backs Pro-immigration Pressure Organization, Claim Reports
According to certain latest reports, the incumbent Conservative London Mayor has backed an organization involved with immigration subjects. Though the said body was set-up during 2012, it will be formally introduced only in January 2013. The mayor is apparently disobeying the official policy of his own party on the subject of immigration.
A cross-party grouping of MPs had set-up the said trust even as the concerned individuals disclosed that they wanted the trust to inspire a free & candid discussion on the issue of immigration, which would also cover the observations of the migrants.
The London mayor proffered his backing in October 2012, publically disclosing that the nation requires a nicely administered migration arrangement, which secures the UK’s borders, and enables the finest talents from abroad to turn-up on the British soils, make contributions there & prosper.
The said mayor is apparently following an approach, which is dissimilar from the one adopted by the other members of his own political group–the Conservatives. Reportedly, the Coalition is rather serious about cutting-down the headline net migration numbers of Britain to bring the same to below 100,000 per annum by 2015 from the level of 250,000 per annum in 2010, when the Coalition Administration stormed to power.
With this view in mind, the administration has brought forth certain steps to reduce immigration even as this includes:
- An upper limit put on the overall number of the qualified employees, who may gain admission into Britain on the Tier 2 (General) Permits. Though at the present, the said limit rests at 20,700 yearly, it has not been touched till date.
- A minimum threshold for earnings for those who could be keen to usher-in an oversea-born partner, to stay in the country. In case a citizen of Britain takes homes less than this, he won’t be in a position to submit a submission for the admission of an overseas mate/spouse from outside the territorial jurisdictions of the EEA, to stay in Britain.
- A bare minimum income threshold of £31,000 for those world workers, who could be keen to file a petition for Indefinite Leave to Remain in Britain. The employees taking home less than the said mark will most likely have to exit the shores of Britain, post 5 years.
- A clampdown on educational groups, such as universities, with a view to stop fake students from getting the Tier 4 Student Permits.
- Ending the Tier 1 (Post Study Work) Permit, which earlier enabled the world graduates to stay in Britain for a period of 2 years, post graduation.
Sometime back, during the month of November 2012, Johnson had allegedly led a London delegation to India, before delivering a speech in Delhi, wherein he had proclaimed that, in case individuals are real students–and they honestly wish to learn & make contributions to the British economy–there ought to be an arrangement, which enables such students to move from an educational centre to another.
More Immigration Updates, Visit : http://www.abhinav.com/uk-immigration/how-to-immigrate-to-uk-from-india.aspx