Know how individuals become Canadian citizens?
If you want to know how individuals become Canadian citizens, then for your convenience we have listed the basic criteria’s and procedure for becoming a Canadian citizen right here. Some of the basic criteria’s include:
- For applying for Canadian citizenship you must be 18 years of age or above. In case of children who are below 18 years, they can get citizenship only on the account of their being adopted children of Canadian citizens.
- To get citizenship, it is mandatory that you should have lived in Canada as permanent citizen for minimum three years or 1095 days. It is advisable to use the residence calculator which is available on the CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) website at www.cig.gc.ca or you can contact the call center of CIC.
- French and English are the two official languages of Canada. In case you wish to apply as an adult for Canadian citizenship and are between 18 years to 54 years of age, it is expected of you to display your knowledge of either of the two languages in front of the officials to get citizenship of Canada. Under adequate knowledge of official language, it is expected that you should be able to speak and interpret basic questions and communications in French or English.
- The officials will expect you to know about the responsibilities and rights of a Canadian citizen such as obeying the law, helping people in the community and voting during elections. It is important that you should have good knowledge about the history, symbols, and geography of Canada along with working of Canadian government.
- Parents of children who are below 18 years of age can apply for the citizenship of their kids. But for this either of the parent, including the adoptive parent should be a citizen of Canada. The kids are not expected to have knowledge of language or of the country and do not have to give any test.
Procedure of applying for Canadian citizenship
Here is a six step guide to know how individuals become Canadian citizens:
- There are different application forms for applying for the Canadian citizenship. Check which one suits you and complete that form only. Majorly you will come across, two set of application forms, one for the adults and the other for the minor children. Select according to your requirement and download it from the official Canada citizenship website.
- An application guide comes along with the application form on the website. Go thorough the guide and complete the printed form accordingly.
- The application form should be duly completed and all the necessary papers and documents should be attached without fail. Some of the most important columns that should never be missed include date and signature, payment receipt number of the online payment, photographs, photocopies of all the relevant documents and so on. This is important because your application can get rejected and returned in case it is post-dated or not signed or does not carry necessary documents.
- After this you can send the application form to the following address:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Case Processing Centre
P.O. Box 7000
More Immigration Updates, Visit : http://www.abhinav.com/