A Canada Permanent Resident Card is critical to provide an evidence of your permanent resident status in Canada and is a must for all the permanent residents of Canada. The below mentioned information is for those who are applying for the same and/or for the renewal/replacement of a PR Card. The PR card is valid for a period of five years, after which it is essential to renew it.
Rules Say It All
Since the year 2002, it is mandatory that every permanent resident of Canada holds a valid Canada Permanent Resident Card. It is also required for all those people who are planning to travel abroad and return back via different means of transportation. If you are one of those who have received your permanent residence after the year 2002, then there is no need to worry as you will be given a Canada Permanent Resident Card upon landing to Canada. In other cases, you are required to file an application for the same as soon as possible. An ace immigration and visa veteran would give you perfect advice on the relevant matters with luminosity.
Renewing or Replacing Canada Permanent Resident Card
There are various reasons as to why one would replace or renew one’s Canada Permanent Resident Card. Some of them are:
- If the card is lost or stolen
- If the card is fully/partially destroyed
- To update the card after making certain legal changes
- To replace the card that is mutilated or has incorrect information
- If the card is on the verge of expiring (or has expired) (It is recommended that you must apply for renewal two months prior to the expiry date)
A Glance of the Canada Permanent Resident card Renewal Application Process*
- The application procedure requires a fine detail of the places where you have traveled in the last five years. In addition, you need to mention your address and employment history at the same time.
- You are required to show your old card at the time of collecting your new Canada Permanent Resident Card. You can consult an immigration expert on further issues.
* In all cases, it is mandatory to return the old Canada Permanent Resident Card to get the replacement card.
The process is somewhat complex and requires the assistance from a proficient immigration and visa advisor. Contact Abhinav Outsourcings if you seek to get a Canada Permanent Resident Card. Call us on +91-8595338595 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org