Dental hygienists and dental therapists are some of those occupations in Canada that have been attracting international talents to the country. The country has been generating jobs and various other opportunities for the professionals over the last few years. Thus, if you are one of those who have been thinking of making career in dentistry, why not immigrate to the country and lead prosperous life!
If you are interesting, you can make a respected career in dentistry with the professions like dental hygienists and dental therapists. Typical employers for dental hygienists include;
- Dental clinics
- Health units
- Dental offices
Dental hygienists are also found engaged in dental education institutions and research work. As for dental therapists, they are mostly employed by the government in remote areas in across Canada, where the number of dentists is limited. Generally, the wages of a dental hygienist vary from 32 Dollars to 55 Dollars per hour. However, the range may vary from province to province.
Below are the minimum employment requirements for dental hygienists and dental therapists:
- To be employed in Canada, dental hygienists must complete 1-3 years of college program.
- Dental hygienists are required to be licensed by the concerned provincial/territorial authority.
- As for dental therapists, they must complete the 24-month diploma program, offered at the NSDT (National School of Dental Therapy) in Saskatchewan. Facilitated by Health Canada, the program provides individuals with the necessary training to offer dental services in Canadian remote areas.
- Dental therapists must be licensed in federal territories, such as;
- The Yukon; and
- The Northwest Territories
Provinces where dental therapists are required to be licensed include;
- Newfoundland and Labrador
Canada is the perfect destination for dental hygienists and dental therapists. If you are seriously thinking of pursuing any of the professions in the future, Canada makes the best option to consider! For any assistance in this regard, you can contact us at email@example.com!