Do you know that if you want to dive deep into one of the world’s most extensively visited tourist hotspots, that the United Kingdom is; and get a chance to visit all about which you may have heard before; or explore rewarding business opportunities or visit your dear and near ones based in the nation, then you need a Tourist Visa. And for this, you will have to fulfill the mandatory Tourist Visa Requirements for United Kingdom at first.
If you want to gift something to yourself, you must give a gift of travel. Travelling gives us the golden opportunity to learn something new every day which cannot be learned through any other means. If you want to explore a new place, new culture and lifestyle, then there cannot be perhaps a better country than the United Kingdom.
This well-known overseas hotspot on which once ‘the Sun Never Set’ is presently the world’s 6th biggest tourist destination. With an amazing number of tourists visiting it every year, it is also one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
On the flip side, the UK is not a member of Schengen Agreement, and thus, if you want to travel to the country, you require a separate Tourist Visa. Yes, a Schengen Visa is not available for the UK!
Significantly, the UK Tourist visa is also known as General Visitor Visa which is a single entry visa and issued for up to six months while the Multiple Entry Visa is issued for 12 months, 2 years, 5 years, or 10 years. There is no restriction on the frequency of the visits. However, a visitor is not allowed to spend more than 180 days in 12 months in the country.
Tourist Visa Requirements for United Kingdom
As is the case with other visas, the UK Tourist Visa also comes with its own set of requirements and as per the rules of the land you have to fulfill it, if you want to lay your hands on this prized visa. Following are the main United Kingdom Tourist Visa Requirements.
- Original passport with at least six months validity with minimum one blank page to get a UK Tourist Visa stamp on it. Plus, an old passport, if any.
- Latest color photograph with white background, matte finish size 35 mm X 45 mm 80% face Size.
- Cover letter that carries each and every detail of your travel to the famed destination.
- Bank statement for not less than the last six months.
- Income tax Form 16 for the previous six years.
- Salary-slip if you are working.
- Leave letter from your job-provider/firm, school or college.
- If you are a retired person, a retirement letter.
- To prove you have enough funds to cover your expenses in UK, you require submitting financial documents such as Bonds, NSC, shares property papers, etc.
- In case you are a minor
- One of your parents must submit a notarized NOC by the other parent along with parents ID proof and passport copies.
- A minor travelling along must submit a notarized NOC by his parents or legal guardians along with his parents’ ID proofs and passport copies.
Note: It is compulsory to take prior appointment to submit the visa application. There should not be any cut, scratches, bandage or mehendi on your hand. The reason: the biometric details will be collected while submitting the application.
You also need to know that as tourists you will not be permitted to take any type of work in the country when you are with Tourist Visa. Any breach will become a cause of cancellation of your Tourist Visa plus a ban to enter the country for up to the period of 10 years.
The UK is one country in this world that often faces criticism for its strict visa processing policies. Thus under no circumstances take any chance and submit the Tourist Visa application under the guidance of an immigration expert.