There is good news for those looking for Quebec Immigration! The province of Quebec in the wondrous country of Canada has extended their deadline for Expression of Interest to its Arrima portal from a duration of 30 to 90 days now. This means that now while a potential immigrant applicant creates a profile, they have a sum total of 90 days to complete the Expression of Interest.
Being the second most populous place just after Ontario, Quebec has majorly a French speaking people and perhaps the only one to have so. This makes it a paradise for skilled immigrant workers who comes to Quebec on search for a better quality of life, cleaner environment as well as safety and security, via the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. Immigration to Canada is incomplete without Quebec coming into the picture.
An official of the Quebec immigration ministry (MIDI) in a statement said that “From the date an expression of interest is created, individuals now have 90 days to complete and submit it. Beyond this timeframe, an expression of interest form that is not submitted will be deleted along with the information it contains. If this occurs, individuals who are still interested in immigrating to Québec can complete a new one.”
Initially the Expression of Interest was launched by Quebec on September 18, 2018. This has been implemented with the aim of channelizing the process of applying for Quebec immigration, in such a manner that it matches the labor requirements of the Quebec job market.
Within the Quebec Skilled Worker Program, the potential applicants submit their Expression of Interest in the job pool. As a result of this, the highest scoring applicant among the candidates will be then invited for the Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ).
The new rules which have been introduced further lessen the processing time for economic immigration applicants to less than a year.
In what way does the Quebec Expression of Interest work?
- Firstly, you must submit an Expression of Interest profile to the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (MIDI), of Quebec.
- Your profiles are then entered in an Expression of Interest Pool wherein they will be ranked against each other, depending on numerous factors. This profile will be valid for a time duration of a maximum 12 months.
- The candidates who receive the highest scores will then get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Quebec Certificate of Selection within the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
- Periodic draws are conducted by Quebec for candidates who apply for the Quebec certificate of selection (CSQ).
- After the ITA, for which 90 days will be granted a nomination certificate (CSQ) will be sent to the selected candidates. Post this, the applicants will be eligible to apply for the Permanent Residence of Canada.
Candidates under the Express Entry system are ranked based on the factors of:
- Work Experience
- Proficiency in English or French language
- Amount of time spent in the province of Quebec
- Valid job offers from an employer of Quebec