Immigration is a major decision that is made only once in a life time. This makes it even more important to take the right direction. There is a certain scale known as the Point Based System, on which an applicant is assessed. In case you are planning to immigrate along with your family, it is crucial to select the right Principal Applicant. To stand a better chance, it is important to select an appropriate family member as the Principal Applicant. For instance, if you would like to migrate to Australia, you must earn the Pass Mark under the Point Based System; the various categories of which include:
- Age – You should be above the age of 18 but below 45 years. The less is your age, the more points you are likely to earn. Also, you must prove your age with some evidence in form of a birth certificate or any other relevant document. You can easily earn up to 30 points if you are between the age group of 18 – 29 years. However, you can earn as less as 15 points if you are above 40 years. In this case, if you are applying with your family, it is best for the principal applicant for Australian Immigration to be of a younger age. This would enhance your score and your chances too.
- Qualifications – Your points could be easily added up if you have a degree from a recognized Australian University. You can earn as high as 25 points if you have earned a Doctorate with a minimum of 2 consecutive years of study. On the other hand, points as less as 5 could be earned if you meet the basic requirement of a two year study program. In order to claim your points, you must provide a copy of your degree as a proof. You can earn an additional 5 points if you meet the 2 year study requirement while living and studying in a regional or a low population growth metropolitan area in Australia. In this case, if one of the spouses has studied and earned a degree in Australia, then he/she would score better. For more on this criterion, it is best to contact an immigration expert like Abhinav Outsourcings today!
- Work Experience – As an applicant, you must have the relevant work experience of at least one year which is related to the current job that you are applying for. The points earned also depend on the occupation that has been nominated for the program. The duration of time for which you have worked in this particular industry also counts. You can earn a maximum of 10 points if you have worked for at least 3 to 4 years in the relevant or the related field of occupation.On the other hand, you can claim 15 points if your occupation is listed in the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL). Also, if you have been employed in it for one year in the last four years; and you have a similar job offer from a company with at least 10 full – time employees for 2 years; you can earn up to 20 points.In addition, if you are eligible for an Australian skilled work experience, 5 extra points could be earned.In all the above cases, the total work experience of both the spouses should be assessed first before deciding upon the Principal Applicant. We, at Abhinav Outsourcings provide free prior assessment services for all our clients and conclude their eligibility accordingly.
- Language Skills – English being the primary language of communication, you are expected to communicate, both orally and in writing. There are three levels of evaluation under this category – Proficient, Competent and Vocational. If you are found to be proficient, you can earn as high as 25 points followed by 15 if found to be competent or vocational. In order to prove the above, you must appear for the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination. You have to score a minimum number of points in the test in order to qualify for the visa. However, if you are a citizen of UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland, you are exempted from the IELTS test.Also, you can earn an additional 5 points if you know any of the Australian Community languages. The list is endless. Experienced veterans at Abhinav Outsourcings are updated with the latest and would be glad to assist you in the entire application procedure.
- Blood Relations – If you have blood relatives residing in Australia, they can be your sponsors in the country. This would work for you since it would be easier for you to prove your genuine intentions and would stand you a better chance to qualify.Also, under the Skilled Sponsored Category, you are likely to gain 10 more points for being sponsored by an Australian state or a territory government. Thus, any of the spouses having relatives can add this to their advantage.
- Skill Level – Your skills are highly important while you are being assessed for immigration. This is because you have to prove that you are the candidate who can contribute to the country’s growth and development. You can earn as high as 60 points, provided you have a qualification or a trade certificate along with the relevant experience, which satisfies the Australian standards and are related to your occupation.To know more, check the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). It is advised that you get your skills assessed before applying for the same.
- Spouse Skills – In case, your spouse also qualifies the basic requirements; you can earn an addition of 5 points that would be added to your PBS.
You must earn a minimum of 120 points if you are applying under the Skilled Independent Category and 100 points if for Skilled Sponsored program.
Also, watch the video of Ajay Sharma, the Principal Immigration Consultant of Abhinav Outsourcings on “Choosing the right principal applicant for immigration”:
In all above factors, it has to be ensured that the chosen Principal Applicant holds a strong chance when compared to the spouse. Hence, it is better to undergo a free assessment for both the prospective applicants, offered by our firm. Get in touch with us today!