Are you a Chartered Accountant and a foreign national? Are you on the lookout for a job in Canada? If yes, you have landed on the right page! In order to work in Canada, you have to get an approval from the Provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants. You must apply to the particular provincial body where you intend to live and work. There are 10 provincial chartered accountants institutes in Canada with the authority to grant admission to students and other members. These institutes are also in charge of drawing the guidelines for the foreign accountants to qualify for Canadian jobs. These guidelines also include conducting examinations for the candidates.
The following websites would be of great help for those applying for an accountant job in Canada:
- http://www.albertacas.ca/Home.aspx – If you intend to live and work in Alberta, the above link would guide you through the procedure to be followed.
- http://www.icab.bm/ – The Province of Bermuda offers job opportunities in this particular field. However, the candidate has to undergo the CPA examination conducted by the Chartered Accountants of Bermuda. For more, log on to this website.
- http://www.ica.bc.ca/kb.php3?catid=9 – Under the laws of the British Columbia, the use of the term CPA is not valid. However, an exception is only made if the candidate is a member of the BC Institute. Visit this site to know more on the application procedure.
- http://www.icam.mb.ca/ – There are 12 mandatory courses for CA that are recognized by the Chartered Accountants of Manitoba. Click here for more on the CAs in Manitoba.
- http://www.nbica.org/english/index.asp – There are certain guidelines to be met in order to be a practitioner in New Brunswick. The official website of Chartered Accountants Institute would be of great help.
- http://www.icans.ns.ca/ – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nova Scotia is the official designating body granting permits to the foreign trained accountants to work in Nova Scotia.
- http://www.icao.on.ca/ – This site is good for those planning to live and work in Ontario. This official site is updated with all the latest regarding the rules and regulations brought out by the Chartered Accountants of Ontario.
However, there are many more such provincial bodies. For the best possible outcome, it would be wise to get in touch with a visa and immigration expert.