Useful Websites for Architects Immigrating to Canada!

Are you are a Foreign Trained Architect who wishes to immigrate to Canada? You have taken the right decision. But are you sure of how to commence further? Worry not! This article is intended to help you with this process.

In order to work as an architect independently in Canada, you have to get an approval from the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC). If you are working under the guidance of another architect or an architectural firm, you are not required to register.

The RAIC has two provincial chapters which are:

  • RAIC Alberta Chapter – This is the first provincial chapter of RAIC, formed to be the voice of the architects and architecture in Canada. Visit the site to know about the missions and objectives of this body
  • RAIC British Columbia Chapter – Being the second provincial chapter, this body is still being formed with the nominations being accepted. Hence, if you are an architect, a member of the RAIC and a resident of British Columbia, you are eligible to apply and be a member of the board.

The other provincial chapters are still on the way to be established. So stay tuned!

On the other hand, if you have less than 7 years of work experience; you must get an approval from the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB). This body is responsible for evaluating your skills and qualifications. Based on their assessment, you may/may not have to enroll for an Internship in Architecture Program.

However, if you are a licensed architect in the United States, things would be easier for you – thanks to the Inter – Recognition Agreement between the architectural licensing authorities of the United States and Canada. Thus, it would be simpler for you to be an eligible candidate for a license and be a registered architect in Canada.

In both of the above cases, you must contact the Provincial/Territorial Association of Canada for other details. This could be viewed here

Also, an expert Immigration and Visa consultant would be an important guide who is updated with all the latest rules and regulations regarding Canadian immigration with reference to architects. So, contact a registered Visa Consultancy Firm today!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Required Field