Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is the program initiated by the Government of Alberta to bring in foreign skilled migrants to contribute to the economy of Alberta. It can surely help you out in your Canada immigration process. The AINP is in association with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
There are various categories for immigrants under which an applicant can apply for. And one of the categories is the Compulsory Trades Category. The category caters to increase the pool of permanent labor in Alberta. This in turn aids for more people being invited who can work for occupations under the Compulsory Trade category.
The eligibility criteria for this category are the following:
- One must possess the evidence or proof of the successful completion of qualification certificate program with the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT).
- One must also have the necessary qualifications for the compulsory trade and must possess some proof or a certificate of qualification.
- An invitation letter from the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) is mandatory to apply under this category.
- Letter of invitation are granted by AIT when the candidate successfully completes the Qualification Certificate Examination for the compulsory trade.
- Foreign nationals who are living in Alberta and have an Alberta Qualification Certificate in a Compulsory Trade can apply for AINP even if the applicant does not have an application from an employer of Alberta.
- An applicant must be able to convince about his abilities and intentions to reside in Alberta permanently.
- An applicant must have a proof that he is living in Alberta.
- An applicant must be working with an employer of Alberta or must have worked with in Alberta for at least two years.
If you are planning to settle in Alberta and fulfill the above criteria for this particular category, then your chances to get migrated to Alberta are quite high. For further information, you can contact any immigration and visa consultancy for professional help and guidance.