There were lot of talks and speculations regarding the suspension of US Visa for employment amidst rising cases of Covid-19 in US. And, now Trump officially suspends the US work Visas to halt the influx of people. Every year US grants more than 1 Lac work visas to the skilled professionals and Indians are the major contributor in bringing the skills to US. However, due to the Covid-19 cases and economic recession, the unemployment in US marked all-time high of 46 Million. After Covid-19 restoration, Trump intends to ensure Americans should have the first shot at the jobs.
In simple terms, the Suspension of US Work Visas anticipates that US will not cater new foreign professionals and first opportunities will be given to the Americans for the employment boom in US after Covid.
What are the key decisions?
• Trump administration extended the restriction on the issuance of US Green Card for the new immigrants.
• US suspend employment visas such as H-1B, H-4, L-1 and other visas to restrict the entry of new foreign skilled professionals in the country.
• The suspension will not affect those who are already in US on these visas and those International Students graduated from US opting for the Optional Practical Training (OPT).
• The suspension of these visas will free up 525,000 jobs for the Americans.
Who is affected by the US Work Visas Suspension?
Below is the list of work visas that will be affected by the new rule by Trump:
• H-1B Visa – US grants more than 85,000 H-1B visas every year and Indians are the majority of professionals moving to US. This means Indians will be affected and should look for other options.
• H-2B Visa – US issues 66,000 H-2B visa per year for non-agricultural labor to fill industries such as food processing, hotel work and landscaping.
• H-4 Visa – These visas are intended for the spouses and children of H-1B and H-2B visa holders.
• J-1 Visa – The visa is for cultural and educational exchange program for trainee, teacher, camp counselor or summer camp travel program.
• J-2 Visa – They are the spouses and dependents of J-1 Visa holders.
• L-1 Visa – This visa is designed for the intra-company transfer of highly skilled senior management professionals.
• L-1 Visa – They are the spouses and dependents of L-1 Visa holders.
What is the alternative solution for the professionals affected by suspension of US work Visa?
Since this suspension has crushed your American Dream, there can be many doors that are waiting for you. The absolute solution to this dilemma is choosing another country like Canada where you have many options to utilize your skills and attain Permanent Residency.
• Canada Startup Visa – The program does not require any investment or minimum net worth but all you need to have is an “Innovative Business Idea” that has the potential to generate employment in Canada and contribute in the economy. This is a permanent residency visa wherein you and your family can stay in Canada indefinitely.
• Canada Express Entry – If you are only eyeing for the skilled migration, then what is better than the most popular skilled migration program of the world “Canada Express Entry”. It also provide permanent residency to the entire family upon meeting the requirements of point based immigration system.
• Canada Entrepreneur Streams: If you can invest CAD 100,000-500,000 in a Canadian business, you can get settled in Canada under business category.
• Australia Skill Select program for Skilled professionals: You can migrate to Australia a skilled professional in 12-18 months.
• Ireland Start-up visa: If you can invest around Euro 200,000 in a tech idea, we can help you in settling down in Ireland as a permanent resident.
• Residency by investment and Citizenship by investment options : If you can invest around USD 200,000-USD 750,000 in properties and securities, we can get you residency and citizenship from amongst multiple Global options.
When one door closes, another door opens. To pursue your immigration aspirations in Canada, we are providing exclusive immigration solutions for you. For more info and assistance, you may connect with us on 8595338595 or email@example.com.