A Canada visitor visa is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that allows a visitor to come to Canada as a Temporary Resident Visa holder (TRV).
Eligibility Requirements for a Canada Visit Visa
- Have a valid passport
- Health should be in good condition. For proof, you need to undergo a medical examination
- Absence of any previous criminal records or any immigration-related convictions
- You need to showcase the intention of your return to your home country once you have visited Canada.
- Showcase Proof of Funds to be self-sufficient when you are in Canada.
- State the intended duration of your stay in Canada and temporary residence for the duration of your stay in Canada.
Documents required for Canada Visit Visa in 2022
- Valid passport with an expiry date exceeding six months
- Documents to showcase ties to your country
- Two latest passport-sized photos without any borders
- The photo must not be over 90 days old
- Show an affidavit or an Invitation letter from your relatives if you plan to live with them when you come to Canada.
- Medical Clearance certificate
- Photocopy of your travel itinerary or return ticket
- Provide any additional documents required by the local visa
- Give bank statements to prove that you have enough funds to stay in Canada
How to Apply for the Canada Visitor Visa
Step 1 – Check if you are qualified to travel to Canada
Step 2 – Have the documents ready showcasing that you meet the eligibility criteria
Step 3 – Apply Online if you have already completed all the requirements
Step 4 – Provide your fingerprints as well as photo biometrics
Visitor Visa Application Fees
100 CAD for the Visitor visa, including Super Visa per person, single or multiple entries, or temporary resident visas. 500 CAD for the Visitor visa per family, one fee per family of 5 or more people applying simultaneously. 100 CAD for stay extension as a Visitor Visa per person.200 CAD to restore status as a visitor. The fee amount is subject to change without notice.
The current Canada Visitor visa processing time may vary from individual based on the type of application, temporary residence application type, and the country you are applying from.