Sponsor Management System allows only education providers with sponsor license to use it in order to have all the interactions with the UK Border Agency. Currently, Tiers 2, 5 and 4 licensed sponsors can use this system. However, the use of this system is on trial basis for Tier 4 sponsors. Until February 2010, the sponsors can issue visa letters, while gradually taking up the help of the SMS to issue Confirmation of Acceptance to Study to potential students who intend to study in the UK.
In order to apply for the sponsor license to be able to have access to the SMS, an education provider or organization should provide the name along with other details of its ‘level 1 user’. When the level 1 user(s) sets to use the tool, he/she must enter the details, after which he/she can add more level 1 and level 2 users to have access to the system.
To have access to the SMS, users must have access to the Internet, as well as an email address. Users should also have Adobe Acrobat Reader on their system, so that they can keep a check on the payment notes.
Here are few things you should know about the Sponsor Management System:
- The system is helpful in handling users and details in an organization
- It helps in managing and editing user profiles
- It enables users view and manage sponsorship certificates
- It allows users create and attribute sponsorship certificates
- It helps users keep up with various sponsorship duties
- It helps users make payments for sponsorship certificates