Australia is a preferred immigration destination for highly skilled professionals, rightfully so. Perhaps, no other country in the world offers so many attractive and well-paying work options to the skilled workers, and welcomes them as both temporary and permanent employees.
However, lately, the Australia Immigration Authority has introduced strict program parameters to make sure only the creamiest layer of the skilled professionals gets through the immigration selection process. But if you are a qualified Mechanical Engineer, you need not worry as Australia still is ready to offer unlimited immigration opportunity to people like you.
In accordance with the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) 233512, these professionals are responsible for planning, designing, organizing and overseeing the assembly, operation and maintenance of mechanical and process plant and installations. They also execute programs and coordinate on the various manufacturing activities, and make sure the usage of resources is cost effective.
- Study functional statements and project information to determine the various functions and responsibilities of employees, and to identify areas of duplication and diagnose it.
- Establish various work measurement programs and analyze work samples in order to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Analyze workforce utilization, operational data, facility layout, production schedules and costs to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies.
- Design mechanical equipment’s, products for manufacture, machines and plant systems for construction.
- Develop specifications for manufacture, and determining machines, materials, piping, the flow of material, capacities and layout of plant and systems.
- Organize and manage project labor and timely delivery of materials, plants and machinery.
- Manage installation policies, modify, maintain quality, inspect, supervise and maintain as per principles and safety guidelines.
- Inspect plant to make sure optimum performance is maintained.
- Supervise the maintenance of plant buildings and equipment.
- Coordinate the requirements for new designs, surveys and maintenance schedules.
To join a reputed company in Oz, you need to complete a Bachelor or a higher degree in the relevant subject. In some specific cases, an experience of a minimum of five years along with registration or licensing in some state or territory may also be required.
Mechanical Engineer in Australia is offered a great deal of Immigration Opportunity, as the shortage is high. These professional are the all time favorites. The profession has been listed on the most demanded Skilled Occupation List and the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List. As the occupation features on both the lists, it is also possible that you can submit an application for the visa in the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program.
Under the category, various kinds of visa include the Skilled Independent 189, the Skilled Nominated 190, the Skilled Regional Nominated 489, and the Skilled Regional Sponsored 489 visas. Additionally, you also have the option to submit an application for many employer sponsored visas, provided you have a job offer from an Australian employer.
Australia is presently in need of professional Mechanical Engineers and gives you an opportunity to widely explore the technical opportunities. Some of the states, like South Australia (SA), are dominated by manufacturing sector and it gives abundant and plenty of options to the skilled professionals like you.