Australian Investor Immigration
Are you one of those who wishes to become a proud Australian one day through the widely used investor immigration visa route? If yes, this edit is especially for you.
It may not be well known, but it’s a fact that the nation has successfully managed 25 years of economic growth, without experiencing the menacing effects of recession. The country’s open economy depends highly upon trade and foreign investment which represent around 40% of its GDP which recognizably validates the importance of the global markets to the future economic growth.
It’s precisely the reason why Oz attracts so many foreign investors every year. And if you’re one of those who are contemplating to invest in its resilient economy, but harboring some questions regarding immigration, continue reading and let us guide you through a step-by-step immigration process meant for the investors who are intending to migrate to the well-known hotspot!
- The Business Innovation and Investment Program of Australia consists of three type of visas – The Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (subclass 188) Visa, The Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) (subclass 888) Visa, and The Investor Retirement (subclass 405) Visa.
- The Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (subclass 188) Visa – This four year temporary visa permits you to own and manage a business in the country. It’s the first step to get the prized and the much sought after Permanent Residency Australia (PRV) in the country. In order to lodge a visa application, you must be under 55 years of age and sponsored by a state or territory government.
This visa includes five streams –
- Business Innovation Stream – It’s basically for those people with business skills who want to own, develop, or manage a new or existing business entity in the nation.
- Investor Stream – It is mainly for people who wish to make a designated investment of at least 1.5 million Dollars in any Australian state or territory and maintain the business activity in the country once the original investment gets matured.
- Significant Investment Stream – It is essentially for the people who are willing to invest at least 5 million Dollars into complying significant investments in the country once the original investment gets matured.
- Premium Investor Stream – It is for the people who want to invest at least 15 million Dollars into complying premium investments in the nation. The applicants are required to be nominated by the Austrade on behalf of the Australian Government.
- Entrepreneur Stream – It is for the people who have a funding agreement (third party) of not less than 200 000 million Dollars to undertake an entrepreneur activity.
- The Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) Visa (subclass 888) – This is the second stage of subclass 188 Visa and can be only applied once you’ve fulfilled the conditions of your provisional visa. For this, you do not need to submit a new Expression of Interest (EOI), but there’s a requirement to get nominated by a state or territory government agency of the nation. Although, if you’re a holder of subclass 188 Visa, then are required to provide the evidence that government entity which had nominated you for that visa has not backed out.
- The Investor Retirement (subclass 405) Visa – This visa is a temporary one, valid for four years which is sponsored by state or territory government for the retirees aged 55 years or older and their partner (no age limit). The minimum assets required for this is 750, 000 Dollars. The assets are required to be legally owned and lawfully acquired by the applicant or their partner, and they must have been held for at least two years, prior to the lodging of the application. Furthermore, the candidate or their partner must have minimum net income of up to 65, 000 Dollars with adequate health insurance to be held and maintained for the period of visa.
It is always advisable to consult an immigration consult before submitting the application to get a further comprehensive assessment of your eligibility for migration and to get a thorough knowledge on how to proceed in the best way with your application.
For more information about Australian Investor Immigration, Contact me at [email protected].