Under the Business Program of the Yukon Nominee Program, international people can immigrate to the Canadian province as entrepreneurs/self-employed individuals. In other words, this program allows the provincial government of Yukon to nominate the eligible international individuals with business skills to immigrate and live in the province. The applicants can either start off new business or make investment in some existing businesses in Yukon.
The two categories included in the business Program are:
- Professional Self-Employed
Below are the eligibility criteria of the Entrepreneur category applicants:
- Applicants must make an investment of 150,000 Canadian Dollars as equity in order to start a new enterprise.
- Applicants must have minimum personal wealth of 250,000 Canadian Dollars.
- Applicants must have visited the province before filing application with the YNP.
- Applicants must have required language skills, in English or French.
- Applicants must have the necessary experience.
The Professional Self-Employed category is meant for those international professionals who can serve the province with the professions which are in demand, such as doctors, nurses and engineers (only a few branches). Now, let’s have a look at the eligibility criteria for Professional Self-Employed category applicants:
- Applicants must have sufficient communication skills. They must also have necessary knowledge of the province and its economy.
- Applicants must have adequate resources to begin a professional practice in the province.
To know more about, contact an Immigration and Visa Consultant!