Canada is the most dynamic country, located in North America, and the second largest country, in terms of its land size. It is full of excellent opportunities for all, including foreign workers. If you wish to migrate, but are not very sure which country to choose, then perhaps the Maple Leaf Country could be your answer.
This highly developed world economy can help you reach the highest stage of your professional career and do very well in your life. This takes us to the title. You should know about the Canada Express Entry Process. For those who came in late, before we talk about the system’s pros and cons, let us know about the Canada Express Entry Process first. It is less of a programme, and more of a system designed to manage application of various economic programs such as
- Federal Skilled Worker Programme (FSWP),
- Federal Skilled Trades Programme (FSTP),
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC),
- Provinces and territories except Quebec and Nunavut both the provinces will nominate the candidates for a certain portion under the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
It is a complete electronic system and successful applicants receive Canadian Permanent Residence (PR) without any unnecessary delay. The system is one-of-its-kind, and does not expect applicants to run from pillar to post to complete the paper formalities.
To begin with, each applicant has to create an online profile, via submitting an Expression of Interest (EoI), along with other personal and professional details stating, why they wish to live and work in the Maple Leaf Country.
Applicants, who meet with the set criteria of any of the aforementioned economic programmes, will reach the second stage, i.e., Express Entry Pool, where they will be ranked against others as per the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Thereafter, applicants with high score will be issued an ‘Invitation to Apply’, which means the applicants will have a maximum of 60 days to claim the PR.
The good news for the prospective immigrants is that the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), the apex Canadian immigration body, is roughly expecting around 2,60,000 to 2,85,000 new entrants, via Express Entry System, in the year 2015 alone.
Generally, moving to the nation is considered a difficult task but only six months old Express Entry system has rather simplified the whole immigration process. Six months down the line, the Express Entry system has become rather a big success. The system is successfully recruiting skilled workers from round the globe.
Only in six months’ duration, the system has successfully created a niche among the prospective immigrants. And, has overpowered all dimensions in Canada Immigration, and has opened innovative realms for those for whom otherwise the same wouldn’t have been possible anyhow.
To make the system successful, during the first two years. The CIC has decided to make an investment of $14 million. The sum is equivalent to the annual budget of a small country. Thereafter $4.7 million will be invested annually.
The system is not only the fastest in the history of Canada Immigration systems/programs but it is also the quickest to deal with the visa application. As mentioned before, the time period has been reduced to just six months.
Certain Key factors to be remembered by the prospective immigrants
- Under any circumstances, if an applicant declines an ‘ITA’, he will not get a second chance until 12 months have passed.
- If a candidate accepts an ‘ITA’, but under any circumstances fails to claim PR, then he will not get a second chance under the same ‘ITA’.
- Depending upon the severity of misrepresentation, the candidate may be given a penalty of up to five years.
- The processing time has been fixed to six months. The time period starts from the date an application is accepted.
- At no stage, applicant’s profile will be locked in the Express Entry Pool. It means at any given point he can make an amendment in his profile.