Canadian Experience Class- An Overview!

Having a Canadian qualification or work experience makes you eligible to access the Canadian Experience Class migration program. In other words, if you are an international student or a temporary foreign worker in Canada, CEC is the ideal route for you to obtain permanent residence in the North American country.

Canadian Experience Class is a special immigration program that facilitates immigrants with experience living in Canada through work permits and study permits, which helped them develop the familiarity with the Canadian community to make a transition from temporary status to permanent residence in the country.

Both international students and temporary foreign workers are required to meet certain prerequisites before they could switch to permanent status from temporary residence. Let us have a look at them:

  • International Students with work experience: those who fall under this category must comply with the following requirements:
  1. Students must have successfully finished a study program of minimum duration of 2 academic years at a Canadian post-secondary educational institution; AND
  2. They must have minimum 1 year of full-time Canadian work experience (skilled/professional/technical); AND
  3. They must have proficiency in English or French, which basically depends on the skill level of the occupations they engaged in
  • Temporary foreign workers: Below are the requirements temporary workers in Canada must meet:
  1. Temporary foreign workers must have minimum 2 years of full-time Canadian skilled work experience within the last 3-year period; AND
  2. As per the skill level of their occupations, they must have adequate level of language proficiency in English or French.

Ideally foreign nationals apply for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class while they are in Canada; however, it is also possible for people to apply for it even after leaving the country. For this, they must lodge their petitions within 1 year of leaving their jobs in Canada.

Learn about Canadian immigration in detail from an immigration and visa consultant. You can send your updated profile for free-of-charge immigration assessment to [email protected]


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* indicates required field