Australia PR Requirements
Getting Permanent Residency (PR) in a country like Australia is a dream of many migrants. One has to fulfill certain Australia PR Requirements though at first to become a permanent resident in the country.
A PR Visa holder enjoys most of the rights and powers of a citizen, but there are some notable differences:
- A citizen of Australia has an automatic right of admission to the country, but in case a permanent resident decides to move globally, they require making certain they have a permanent visa with a legally valid travel power in case they want to come back to Down Under as a permanent resident.
- An Australian citizen has the right to vote in the Government elections. Though in majority of the situations permanent residents lack the right, in case a permanent resident was registered to vote (as a British subject) before 1984, they could continue to be qualified to cast their votes.
Coming back to Australia PR requirements, the nation has a point based immigration structure for the major Permanent Residence Visas (PRVs), namely, Skilled Nominated Subcategory 190 Visa, the Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa, etc.
Given this, your choice for any of the permanent visas available will really depend on your total point score on SkillSelect, on the basis of your age, qualification, employment experience, English Language, etc. conditions. In case your Australia immigration point total is more than 60-65, you have an excellent possibility of getting the Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR in the country from India. Hence, the most important thing that you require doing is to check your point total on the Immigration Point Calculator.
It is mandatory that you have rather good International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test score for the language proficiency in English, namely, the IELTS Level 7 will mean you get 10 points, while the IELTS 8 will mean you obtain 20 points. Likewise, you also require doing well on additional profile features, namely, job experience, qualification, etc.
You have to offer suitable papers and apply at the point based arrangement to get the eligibility.
Australia PR Requirements
- Get your papers/certificates ready
Ensure that all your essential documents are obtainable. The usual travel papers, educational certificates, and a few other certificates are also needed.
- You require offering the English language skill test results given by the IELTS.
- Also, the skill assessment report offered by any pertinent assessing body.
- Choose the right visa stream
Pick the right PR visa class. The subcategory 189 or the Non-sponsored visa is the most widely used PR stream. Also, there are some others, such as State Nominated Visa, which is the Subcategory 190. In addition, you can submit an application for the Subcategory 186 that is the employer nominated visa. Still, there are many other classes also.
So, it’s crucial that you choose the most appropriate class for yourself.
- Choose the right profession from the SOL
In the wake of selecting a fit visa class, choose the right line-of-work from the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List or the MLTSSL (formerly called Skilled Occupation List or the SOL). For the candidates of the non-sponsored visa that is subcategory 189 Visa, the line-of-work can be chosen from the MLTSSL proffered by Oz. But, the aspirant of the state nominated visa–that is subcategory 190 Visa–have to select a profession from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) that belongs to a specific Australian state.
- Apply in the point based arrangement
Post getting things done with the class and the SOL, you require submitting an application in the point based system. And for it, submit an Expression of Interest or the EOI. You may present EOI online in the Skills Select System of Oz. In addition, you also have to offer your general profile particulars like the age, job experience, language skills and others. And with the same, the concerned officials will give your scores, and on the basis of it your eligibility (or otherwise) for the PR Visa will be decided. Get not less than 60 points in the system. However, the more you obtain, the better are the possibilities of receiving the ITA.
- Fulfill the health & character conditions
You must be pretty healthy and have a reasonably good background with no black spots on your character. You have to offer the proof in the form of a medical report and character certificate.
So, these are the key Australia PR requirements. Fulfill them and become a permanent resident in your dream hotspot.