Advertisement, Marketing, and Public Relations fall under the national occupation classification code (NOC code)-1123. If you are a Marketer or a Public Relations Manager, and want to immigrate to Canada, this article is for you.
Currently, Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations are Canada’s most in-demand occupations, and are majorly employed by commercial and industrial establishments, and advertising, marketing and public relations firms or consulting businesses across Canada.
The ones who are in this occupations of Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations are experts in the field of advertising, marketing and public relations who examine, develop and work regarding the communiqué and promotion plans and data programs, scrutinize advertising requirements and improve on appropriate advertising and marketing plans, advertise happenings and events.
Also what comes in the purview of the Canada Work visa in the area of Advertisement, Marketing, and Public Relations fall under the national occupation classification code (NOC code)-1123 and keep up with the media relationships on behalf of companies, administrations and other officialdoms, and for the likes of performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals.
Some of the examples of this profession are under the following designations:
• Advertising account executive
• advertising account manager
• advertising and promotions Co-Ordinator
• affiliated stations relations administrator
• art educator – museum
• artist agent
• artistic agent
• assistant brand manager – advertising
• assistant press secretary
• athlete agent
• athletes manager
• author’s agent
• book publicist
• boxing promoter
• career agent
• casting agent
• casting agent for extras
• communication officer (except emergency services)
• communications adviser
• communications consultant
• communications expert
• communications specialist
• community information officer
• development officer – university
• entertainment agent
• event marketing specialist
• financing officer – fundraising
• fundraising campaign consultant
• fundraising campaign organizer
• fundraising consultant
• fundraising organizer
• information consultant
• information Co-Ordinator
• information officer
• information service Co-Ordinator
• literary agent
• marketing consultant – advertising
• marketing Co-Ordinator
• marketing specialist – advertising
• media Co-Ordinator
• media events Co-Ordinator
• media relations Co-Ordinator
• media relations officer
• performers agent
• press agent
• press secretary
• product manager – marketing
• promotion strategies consultant
• public affairs officer
• public relations agent
• public relations consultant
• public relations Co-Ordinator
• public relations specialist
• publicity agent
• publicity Co-Ordinator
• publicity information officer
• recreation association information officer
• sales and promotions Co-Ordinator
• singers agent
• social media community manager
• specialist – e-media advertising
• sports agent
• stations-relations administrator
• student recruiter – post-secondary education
• talent agent
• talent representative
Quick Facts about the Scope of Advertising and Public Relations in Canada:
• Public Relations industry across Canada contributes to roughly $775M in revenue every year and provide job opportunities to over 6,000 skilled PR professionals.
• Canada’s fastest-growing media and marketing companies grew their revenue with average of 1223.66% between 2013 and 2019. Collectively they employ 2580 full-time working professionals.
• In the coming years, 36,200 new job openings are expected to become available in the Public Relations sectors, whereas 2,880 new jobs will be available in the marketing industry. Quebec and Ontario will welcome a major portion of jobs in these two sectors.
• There are over 100,000 workers employed in professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations in Canada.
Average Salary of Public Relations and Marketing Professionals
Your earning capability in this occupation entirely depends on which Canadian city or province to wish to migrate to after Canada immigration. However, employment prospects for professional occupations in public relations and communications are extremely high across Canada as almost every company needs effective marketers and brand reputation managers to expand its markets and strengthen its brand image. The lack of legal regulations and licensing requirements in the PR and Marketing industry also gives skilled workers ample opportunities to work freely in different cities and provinces in Canada.
According to the latest figures, the median annual salary for professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations (NOC 1123) occupation is $64,174, usually earn between $16.67/hour and $48.84/hour in Canada.
Roles and Responsibilities:
According to Job Bank Canada, Canada PR Visa prospects must have performed the following roles and responsibilities in order to work under the NOC-1123:
• Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; dispatching crews; scheduling transportation crews and routes; operating airport ramp servicing vehicles; and other related activities
• Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization, establish work schedules and procedures, resolve work-related issues, prepare and submit progress and other reports and co-ordinate activities with other supply-chain work units or departments
• Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
• Requisition supplies and materials
• Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
• May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Do you know Marketing, Advertisement, and Public Relations are occupations where your skills can be put to good use in Canada? Are you interested in migrating to Canada? Let us help you kick-start your Canada PR process today! Give us a call or drop us an email to learn about your options.
For more information, you can connect with us on 8595338595 or [email protected]