The Civil Engineer occupation is included in the latest Australian Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL). Candidates mentioned on this list are given extra points that have increased their probability to meet the requirement for Australia immigration.
To qualify for Australian immigration through skilled occupation, such as: civil engineering, your present profession has to be Civil Engineer in relevance with the Australian Skills Classified Occupation 2124-11.
Tasks of a Civil Engineer Include:
- Designing projects on civil engineering like hydraulic systems, water, roads, aerodromes, supply systems, bridges and buildings.
- Preparing reports, conducting studies, and evaluating projects on the environmental implications.
- Determining methods, materials and quality standards of construction process.
- Drafting and interpreting specifications, drawings, plans, methods and procedures of construction.
- Organizing and giving directions to site labour and the releasing of construction materials, equipment and plant. Managing contracts and validating satisfactory completion
- Establishment of detailed programs for coordinating the activities of the construction site
- Establish systems for work control to ensure the performance standards, quality, cost and safety
- Working as a consultant with engineers, architects, and environmental scientists
- Doing research, investigate and evaluate materials along with civil engineering processes or systems.
- Administer the testing and commissioning of completed civil engineering projects
If you are planning to live and work in Australia permanently, then applying for Australian immigration through the Australian General Skilled Migration Program would be the best way.
This migration program aims to fulfill the shortage of current skilled forces in the country. It is designed to attract skilled migrants less than 45 years of age who can contribute to the economic growth of the country.
If your present occupation is Civil Engineer and wants to opt for Australian immigration through the same profession, then it is just the time for you. Consulting with an immigration expert will definitely provide you the right direction. In fact you will get your job done in a proper way.