Effective from 1 January 2010, prospective student applicants would have to meet the following living costs requirements:
- $18 000 for the main student applicant planning to study in Australia on per year basis
- $6300 for the student’s partner on per year basis
- $3600 for the student’s first child on per year basis
- $2700 for every other child on per year basis; and where required
- It is essential to provide an evidence of the finances and prove that they meet the Cost of studying in Oz territory.
By increasing the funding requirements, International students would be better prepared to adjust to the cost-of-living in Australia accordingly. Students need to show the following documentation to the officers of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) in order to strengthen their eligibility:
- Previous Financial and Immigration history of the prospective student applicants (if any)
- Work experience, Employment history of the applicant or the sponsor providing finances to the student applicant
- Evidence of the source of income
Consult an expert Immigration expert and know more about the rules linked with Immigration industry.