Get Latest Information on Immigration to Canada for Family Members & Senior Citizens

In case you are searching for some reliable information, regarding immigration to Canada for family members & senior citizens then you have reached the right spot. We will not only share the reliable information but also the most updated one. So without wasting any time let’s share the information!

In case you are a citizen or living there in as a permanent resident, you are currently 18 or more.

In case the above conditions are true, then yes, you can definitely sponsor certain family members. The family member will be offered Permanent Residency (PR), and in the wake of the fulfillment of some terms & conditions, they will be entitled to acquire PR.

In case you are successful in becoming a permanent resident, then you are certainly entitled to live in the nation, study there in, and you are also entitled to work there in.

So, as a permanent resident, there are so many things that you can enjoy as compared to other visas. In other visas that are issued to applicants, there are certain restrictions that the applicant has to abide.

So if you sponsor your relative to come to the overseas hotspot, and come as a permanent resident, then you, as a person, must take the responsibility of maintaining their expenses. That means financially. So, from the time your relative arrives in Canada you are the sole responsible for him.

Here are some basic but vital requirements for the family sponsorship:

In order to be a sponsor, you should fulfill certain conditions

Your age must be 18 years or more. If you are less the 18 years old, then you cannot sponsor anyone.

You and your sponsored relative are required to sign a sponsorship agreement which is kind of must. The sponsorship agreement declares your commitment that you agree to provide full financial support for your relative whom you have sponsored. This agreement also declares that the person, who has shown interest in becoming a permanent resident and selected the sponsorship route, will ensure that no stone is left unturned in order to support self.

As a sponsor it is your job to provide financial support for your spouse, you’re common-law, or even a conjugal partner for three years from the date they become the permanent residents. As a sponsor, it is must for you to abide with the conditions in order to successfully complete the visa transaction.

In case where you are sponsoring a dependent child, then it is must for you, as a sponsor, to provide complete financial support for the dependent child for a period of 10 years, or till the time the child attains the age of 25 years, whichever comes first the period of 10 years or the age of 25 years.

Individuals, who are keenly interested in applying under the Family Class sponsorship programme, are required to obtain an assessment regarding their eligibility, i.e., whether they are entitled to be sponsored or not. This can be easily facilitated by completing the Free Online Evaluation form.

You can sponsor:

  1. Spouse – (certain restrictions apply)
  2. Common Law partner – (certain restrictions apply)
  3. Conjugal partner – (certain restrictions apply)
  4. Dependent children
  5. parents – (Certain Additional conditions apply)
  6. grandparents – (Certain additional conditions apply)
  7. Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons, those who are orphaned and are under the age of 18 years, and are not currently married or involved in any common-law relationship.
  8. Any another relative regardless of age and also relationship (Possible only under specific conditions)
  9. Any accompanying relatives for the above (such as spouse, partner and also dependent children).

Here are some more clarifications that might prove helpful

Spouse – You would be accepted as a spouse only if you are married to the person who is sponsoring you and your marriage is valid legally.

Common-law partner – You will be considered as a common law partner only if (regardless of the opposite sex or same sex) you both have been residing together and are involved in a  conjugal association for not less than one year that too it’s a nonstop 12-month period or more and there are no break in that phase .

You will be required to prove that you and your common-law partner are involved in affairs and set up a household together.

Dependent children – A son or daughter are dependent on you and meet the following conditions:

The child is minor and under the age of 19 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner;

The child is over the age of 19 and depended considerably on the financial support;

The child is over the age of 19 and depended due to physical or mental condition.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* indicates required field