The United Kingdom is an attractive destination for foreign investors planning to expand their business globally. The country offers tremendous opportunities to foreign nationals seeking a global footprint while living in a safe and stable economy. And what’s better than a UK investor visa to make your dream come true?
If you are looking for a route to permanent settlement in the UK, look no further than the UK Investor visa. The visa route offers an expedited process and fast-track access to the UK, allowing investors to secure settlement in the country while opening the doors to citizenship in Britain.
So, what’s an investor visa to the UK?
Also known as Tier 1 visa, the investor visa to the UK is a residency-by-investment program for high net worth non-EU individuals who have the potential to invest at least £2 million in the United Kingdom in exchange for residency. The route is currently closed for new applications.
Other investment pathways to the UK
The visa category is aimed at experienced entrepreneurs with plans to establish their business presence in the UK. The holders can stay in the UK for five years, after which they can apply for an indefinite leave to remain.
Applicants need now show any specific amount of funds to invest in their proposed business. However, they must demonstrate an innovative, viable, and scalable business idea as part of the eligibility requirement.
Who is eligible for the UK Innovator visa?
To apply, you must:
- Show that you want to set up and run an innovative business in the UK.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- A designated body in the UK must endorse your business idea.
- You must meet the English language requirements
- Prove that you have enough personal savings to manage your expenses in the UK.
- Have a minimum of £50,000 available as funds to invest in the business.
Global Talent Visa
The United Kingdom introduced this visa category to attract the best and the brightest of minds to the country. The stream is designed for distinguished researchers, academicians, artists, and sports persons who want to settle in the UK. It replaced the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa in February 2020.
To be considered for under the Global Talent visa UK from India, applicants must seek endorsement from one of six endorsing bodies designated by the UK Home Office.
Global talent visa eligibility
- To be eligible for a Global Talent visa, an applicant must be a promising leader in their field of expertise. They must demonstrate significant contributions in their domain.
- The applicant must also secure a letter of endorsement from one of six Home Office-approved endorsing bodies before applying.
- These endorsing bodies are:
- The British Academy, for humanities
- The Royal Society for science and medicine
- The Royal Academy of Engineering
- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
- Arts Council England, for art and culture
- Tech Nation, for digital technology
- You must be over 18 years old at the time of application.
You must obtain 70 points under the points-based immigration system