Intend to Immigrate to New Zealand? Do Your Homework!

This is a known fact that almost every country in the world requires you to go through certain formalities in order to let you work there, be it permanently or temporarily. Before, you set to immigrate, you should do your proper homework, otherwise you may end up regretting your decision to immigrate in the foreign land. Now, if you are intended to immigrate to New Zealand, following are few tips that can help you decide what suits you best.

To start off, in order to be able to work in New Zealand you would need a work permit or you need to be a resident of the country. Here are a few permits under which the New Zealand Immigration department grants you to work there:

  • Visitor visa: Visitor Visa is basically for tourists and working under this permit is an offence. However, you can enter the country under this permit as a visitor and later on apply for a work. But, one condition is there that you should not be working in order to apply for the work permit in the Kiwi land.
  • Visas for seasonal work in horticulture and viniculture: This visa can only be granted to you once you are in New Zealand. Once you are permitted you can take up work related to horticulture and viniculture industries, such as planting, maintaining, harvesting or packing crops, and that too for a maximum time period of 6 weeks. Under this permit, you are only allowed to work in certain regions in New Zealand.
  • Working holiday visa: People aged between 18 and 30 may apply for this permit, under which they are allowed to undertake temporary work while on a holiday. However, this permit is granted for a specific number of people from certain countries only, such as Mexico, Argentina and Chile.
  • Work permit: Work permit allows you to work for full-time in New Zealand, but for a limited time period. For this, all you need to have a job offer from an employer in New Zealand. Besides, in any circumstance, if you are needed to leave your job, you may have to leave the country as well, unless you have another valid job offer.
  • Student permit: In order to be eligible for this type of permit, you must be a fulltime student in an institute in New Zealand. Once you are granted this permit, you are free to work up to 20 hours in a week.
  • Residence-Skilled Migrant Category: With this type of permit, you have the freedom to choose any employer from many, as well as other facilities that a New Zealand citizen enjoys, such as bank credits, business credits, student loans, student fees at local rates, mortgages etc. The process of granting a Residence-Skilled Migrant Permit is based on a Pool System. You are required to fill the Expression of Interest (EOI). You must claim a score, based on your English level, skill set and age. To know more about the Pool System, contact an Immigration and legitimate Visa Consultant!

Apart for the above mentioned ways, there are also other ways to work in New Zealand. However, this should also be kept in mind that immigration laws keep changing frequently. Thus, keep yourself updated with the latest amendments in Immigration New Zealand through an Immigration consultant!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* indicates required field