Are You Interested in Australian Immigration under Family Migration Programme?

Australian Immigration

Family stream migration is one of the main components of Australia’s Migration Programme. The Australian immigration system sets aside over 60,000 visas each year for family members of the citizens, permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens. This represents over one-third of the total visas distributed per year. Family Visas are given under the “Family Stream” programme.

Those interested in the Australian Immigration under the Family Migration Programme are selected on the basis of their family relationship with their sponsor in Oz. There is no test for skills or language ability as required for skilled stream migrants. Family Stream migration has four main categories:

1. Partner
2. Child
3. Parent
4. Other

Partner Visa (Subclasses 820 and 801): A partner visa is for fiancé(e)s, spouses and de-factor or same-sex partners of the citizens, permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens. There are two types of Partner Visas: Subclass 820 and Subclass 801. The Subclass 820 visa is a temporary partner visa that allows you to live in the nation. The Subclass 820 Visa is the first stage towards a permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801). To be eligible, you must be married to or in a de-facto relationship with:

1. A Citizen
2. A Permanent Resident
3. An Eligible New Zealand Citizen

Child Visa: Dependent children are always welcome to join their parents in the nation. While it is an option for the children to migrate to the destination with the migrating parent, sometimes children shift separately. There is also an option for an Adoption Visa which is for a child adopted outside Down Under by an Australian sponsor. You can also go for an Orphan Relative Visa for a child who is under 18 years of age at the time of application and who cannot be cared for by either parent. The child will be cared for by the Australian sponsor.

Parent Visa: There are two categories of Parent Visas – Aged Parent (Residence) (Sublcass 804) and Parent (Migrant) (Subclass 103). You might be eligible to apply for a Parent Visa if you have a child who is a citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, your child has been living in Oz lawfully for at least 2 years before you lodge your visa application, you have a sponsor, you meet the rest of family test criteria, you meet health and character requirements. This visa allows you to live in Oz for up to 2 years as a temporary resident, or as a permanent resident.

Other Family: The other family category consists of the following three visa types:

1. A Carer Visa is for applicants willing and able to give substantial, continuing assistance to an Australian relative or member of their family who has a medical condition that impairs their ability to attend to the practical aspects of daily life. The need for assistance must be likely to continue for at least two years
2. An Aged Dependent Relative Visa is for single, widowed, divorced or formally separated applicants who are dependent on an Australian relative.
3. A Remaining Relative Visa is for applicants who have no near relatives outside Down Under and are the brother, sister, child or step equivalent of a citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

You can apply for any of these visas depending upon your situation and sponsor your family to live with you in the hotspot.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* indicates required field