The ‘Land of Kangaroos’, Australia is dream destination for many. Due to many reasons people from every corner of the world want to make their second home in Australia. Perhaps economic prosperity and stability remains the main reason for all the country. It is full of natural beauty and gives a balanced modern lifestyle to its people and those who make it their new home. Many people do not only want to immigrate to Australia but they also want an Australia Permanent Visa in 2014.
An Australian Permanent Visa is basically granted to eligible non-citizens of Oz. Once the visa is successfully granted, you can freely live, work, and study in any Australian province/state, without any restrictions. Australia Permanent Visa 2014 follows a rigorous process. An important feature of the Permanent Visa is that even after your initial visa expires, you are entitled to stay in the country indefinitely, provided you do not breach the immigration regulations of the land.
You may apply for a PR Visa only if you have lived and worked for two continuous years in a Specified Australian Region. You may also be self-employed, for a minimum of one year in the same specified areas or might have obtained sponsorship under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme.
Permanent residents enjoy the most of the rights and entitlements that greet the Australian citizens. However some difference remains such as:
- An Australian citizen may travel in and out of the country any number of times. However, while traveling internationally a permanent resident need to ensure that he has a permanent visa with a valid travel authority, if he wishes to return to Oz as a permanent resident.
- An Australian citizen has a right to vote in the national elections while in majority of the instances permanent residents cannot.
Many good options are available, under which you may apply for permanent visa, such as the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program. It is mainly for skilled migrants. You can also apply under the humanitarian program meant for the refugees.
However, the Subsection 189 under the federal independent stream is quite well-liked and accepted. It is specifically for people who are not interested in the nomination streams. The applicants gain entries under the segment are granted Permanent Residency by default.
You are free to live and work at your own specific convenience. Your family members have access to unrestricted freedom to education, employment, and residence. You can also apply for the relatively famous Subsection 190. It is under the provincial authority and is endorsed based on state centric requirements as reflected in the CSOL. The candidates being nominated are granted the PR Permit.
Under the category, you are entitled to enjoy many rights and privileges. Some of the benefits are as follow:
- Access to free or subsidized legal and health services.
- After successfully meeting criteria right to apply for citizenship.
- Children born within country will be considered citizens by birth.
- Right to travel to neighboring country New Zealand, without obtaining additional visa.
- Right to sponsor relatives for permanent residence, provided they meet the criteria.
- Unrestricted rights to live, work, and study in New Zealand.
- Access to medical and social security benefits.