There has been an update on the online processing tool, which shall provide accurate information at the onset of 2022. This effort was put to put a modern spin on the immigration system of Canada, with the announcement being made on 31st March 2022 by the Canadian Minister of Immigration, Sean Fraser. Here are some recent processing times from the IRCC website on 9th August 2022.
This tool will furnish accurate information and provide new weekly calculations from the data of the last six months. Also, it shall showcase the operational challenges and volume of applications that might aid the migrants in planning their immigration journey better than before.
The processing time that the IRCC calculates is based on the time taken to process similar previous applications. The processing time differs depending on whether it was submitted online or on paper.
Time for processing for PR cards as well as Citizenship
- Citizenship grant: 26 months.
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of Citizenship): 17 months
- The recommencement of Citizenship: 19 months
- Renunciation of Citizenship: 16 months
- Looking for citizenship records: 15 months
- New PR card: 83 days which is amplified ahead by two days since the previous week)
- Renewing PR card: 66 days that was increased further by four days since last week
IRCC Processing Time with regards to Family Sponsorship
- Spouse / common-law partner living outside of Canada: 24 months
- Spouse / common-law partner living inside Canada: 15 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 36 months
Processing time for Passport of Canada
- In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted in person at Service Canada Centre – Passport services): 10 business days
- In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted by mail to Service Canada Centre): 20 business days
- In-Canada New Passport (Standard pick-up): 10 business days
- In-Canada Urgent pick-up: end of the next business day
- In-Canada Express pick-up: 2 to 9 business days
- Regular passport application mailed from out of Canada: 20 business days after getting
IRCC processing times cater to the economic class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 14 months
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 26 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 46 months
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via express entry: 17 months
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 25 months
- Quebec skilled worker: 29 months.
- Quebec business class: 64 months.
- Federal Self-employed: 41 months
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 18 months.
- Start-up Visa: 32 months
IRCC processing times for applications for Temporary Residence
- Visitor visa outside Canada: differs by nation (India: 160 days)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 16 days online and 21 days by paper
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 124 days)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 176 days online and 193 days by paper.
- Study permit outside Canada: 12 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 3 weeks
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by nation (India: 45 weeks)
- Study permit extension: 51 days online and 109 days by paper. (
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 164 days online and 145 days by paper.
- International Experience Canada (Present Season): 8 weeks.