The Parent Retirement Category is one of the Family Categories under the New Zealand Residence Class Visas. In other words, under this Family Category, family links of New Zealand citizens or residents can obtain a residence class visa in order to live in the land of Kiwis, with one condition however- living in the country, along with making significant contribution to the NZ economy.
Following are the basic requirements, applicants have to meet in order to be eligible to obtain New Zealand residence class visa under the Parent Retirement Category:
- A principal applicant must nominate a minimum of 1 million NZ Dollars funds or assets equivalent to that amount to invest in the Kiwi country for a time frame of 4 years; AND
- The principal applicant must demonstrate ownership of the nominated funds or the assets. The funds or assets must have been earned or acquired lawfully; AND
- The principal applicant must transfer and place the 1 million NZ Dollars in an acceptable investment (We will discuss the investment instructions set by the INZ in our following articles); AND
- The principal applicant must have 0.5 million NZ Dollars against settlement funds. The applicant must demonstrate ownership of the funds as well; AND
- The principal applicant must be able to demonstrate that he/she a yearly income of at least 60,000 NZ Dollars; AND
- The principal applicant must meet the family requirements, which will be discussed in the following articles.
- The principal applicant and any other secondary applicant included in the residence class visa application must meet all the health and character requirements set by the INZ.
If you are interested in applying for a residence permit to New Zealand, mail following information ASAP at [email protected] for a free of charge assessment by Ajay Sharma, principal consultant, ABHINAV.
- Your updated resume if skilled professional, or if businessmen, then brief on business profile along with information on your current personal net worth.
- If married, provide the resume for your spouse as well.
- If applicable, please provide information on children and their age.
- Information on any blood relatives residing in New Zealand. This is not a compulsory requirement to qualify for immigration to New Zealand, but serves as additional positive assessment and suitability factor.