Australia is an immensely popular destination among prospective immigrants across the world. The country also has a wide range of visa programs for people who wish to migrate to the country and settle permanently. Talking about its diverse visa categories, one program that has garnered a lot of attention is the Skilled Independent Visa 189.
In a nutshell, Skilled Independent Subclass 189 is a points-tested stream that allows foreign professionals with skills to live and work in Australia. This visa subcategory is designed to target individuals who do not have any sponsorship or nomination for Australia immigration. The visa is issued on the basis of eligibility, work experience, skills, and the extent one can contribute to the country.
Australia 189 visa Benefits
- The visa allows people to live and work in Australia for an indefinite period.
- By having this visa, one is authorized to travel and gain admission into any Australian university.
- Visa holders are officially permitted to bring in their family members.
- Non-adult children of Australia PR visa holders are eligible to take admissions with free of cost.
- Avail for free health-care benefits
- Sponsor eligible relative for permanent residence
- Get social security benefits/payments
- Apply for the Australian citizenship after 5 years.
Who is Eligible under this visa program?
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant experience of working in any of the occupations listed under Australia Skilled Occupation List. Also, have skills assessment done by the designated authority to demonstrate they have relevant expertise to work in Australia.
- Must score at least 65-75 points in the points-based assessment.
- Be older than 18-years and less than 50-years at the time of receipt of the invitation.
- Must have fluent English-speaking skills
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI), and also be invited to apply for the visa.
- Must provide medical clearance and good character certificate as per the Australian standards
Australia 189 Visa Processing Time
Although, the processing time for Australia subclass 189 is entirely dependent on application to application. However, below are some factors that might affect how your application is being assessed by the case officer.
- Whether your application satisfies the eligibility criteria
- If all the documents are submitted within the specified timeline
- Whether you have successfully cleared all medical examinations, background check, and police clearance.
Generally, it takes around a period of two months for an application to be evaluated by the Australia Department of Immigration. So, it’s important for a candidate to ensure no delay in terms of document submission or completing any other relevant formalities.
Australia Independent Visa subclass 189 is a highly sought-after visa category, therefore, competition is quite strong in this field. Hence, it makes sense to get in touch with a reputed and experienced immigration consultant who can carefully assess your application and guide you in each and every step. Having an immigration consultant on board will help you cross immigration-related hurdles and let you migrate to Australia in the easiest way.