Under the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program’s Strategic Initiatives stream, the province of Manitoba manages to meet the objectives of the CMIA (Canadian Manitoba Immigration Agreement) by letting foreign skilled workers to enter the province and fill the job positions in Manitoba, thereby meeting the needs of the labor market. Foreign nationals are eligible to file petitions with the MPIP through the Strategic Initiatives stream if;
- They have received an invitation letter to apply as part of a Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program targeted promotional initiative; OR
- They have been favored by a Manitoba-based ethnic/cultural group or a regional economic development entity, which will assist you in arranging an introductory visit (pre-approved by the MPNP) to the province; OR
- An adult dependant of a MPNP nominee who does not meet the criteria of a eligible accompanying dependant can also be qualified for the Strategic Initiatives stream, given he/she proves his/her financial capability to put up in the province and will receive assistance from the nominee in establishing himself/herself in Manitoba.
Below are the basic criteria that all the Strategic Initiatives stream applicants need to meet:
- Applicants must have the educational qualifications as well as the training as described by the terms of a specific initiative. However, the applicants must have completed high school.
- Applicants must demonstrate their employability to be employed in the province of Manitoba. They must have the work experience.
- Applicants must have proficiency in English or French language so that they can be employed in the Canadian province.
- Applicants must have the intention, as well capability to establish themselves in Manitoba based on their employability and settlements supports.
Contact an Immigration and Visa Consultant to know more about the Strategic Initiatives Stream!