A lot of Canadian citizens tend to ask this question whether they can move to the US and invest in a business there. Other queries come in the form of buying a business in US and so on. Read on to know more:
There are different types of US Business Visas available for international applicants, including the Canadian residents. E-2 Visa would be apt for applicants planning to buy a business in the US. Here are some of the mandatory requirements needed for an E-2 Visa:
- It is essential to show the availability of sufficient funds
- Show a proof that the funds are committed to the investment.
- It should NOT be a passive investment. It is vital that the investment must be in an active business.
- It is mandatory that a minimum of 50% of the business must be owned by an alien belonging to a nation that has a treaty with US.
- The investment must generate certain amount of profit that is ample to provide living for the alien and his or her family.
- There is no fixed amount of investment to get an E2 visa. In a majority of cases, a minimum of $100,000USD is required, but sometimes it may be less than this.
If you are planning to buy a business in US, it would be a better decision to take advice from an Immigration and Visa consultancy firm and proceed further. This decision would not only assist you in your application process but would provide you with a hassle free future in your prospective country.