The Canadian List of 29 Occupations includes the Primary Production Managers as one of the job categories. Primary Production Managers are in high demand in Canada; hence this occupation serves as a great opportunity for the people concerned with it. This occupation is present in Canada’s new list of 29 occupations for immigration under federal skilled worker program to Canada. Those working in the fields of forestry, logging, mining, quarrying, or oil and gas operations or tasks related to logging, mining and oil and gas industries, as well as issues linked with commercial fishing may apply under this occupation.
Qualifying Criteria for Immigration
- Forestry managers should have a minimum qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in studies like Forestry Science/Engineering.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mining/Earth Sciences is required for Mining and Quarrying Managers.
- For oil and gas managers, a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in geology/earth sciences/ petroleum engineering in accordance with their professions.
- If the applicant fails to fulfill formal education requirements, years of experience in supervisory occupation may prove as a substitute for the same.
- An applicant for Immigration under this category must have experience of at least one year in the related field that required qualifications as a pharmacist
- Overall, a person must have experience of around 2-4 years; actual number of years of experience to apply under this occupation is dependent on many factors such as whether the applicant is married and his English language skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Check and analyze the tasks in various departments like oil and gas operations, mining, forestry, logging or quarrying or tasks related to the same as well as issues linked with commercial fishing (if applicable).
- Advice changes to senior officials and authorities whenever required, in order to make sure that all the operations are commenced in the right manner and procedures are met.
- Hold meetings with senior officials to set production quotas, come out with projects for the removal of raw materials and make drafts for planning extraction sites.
- Tasks include crafting production report for review.
- Give ample time to safety facets.
- Whenever require, recruit personnel and look after the training of the staff.
- May be required to evaluate efficiency of products and direct peripheral activities which may include tasks like construction of roads, to name a few.
Hence, different people from different nations can look upon working in Canada, provided they fulfill the above requirements. Just go for a prior assessment and brighten up your chances for a prospective career. Mail at [email protected] to know more.