There are many occupations in Australia for which the nation is short of local skilled labor. To cater to this need, the nation invites skilled professionals to answer this demand. At the same time, there are many foreign-trained professionals who are in search of better opportunities for work and life. To answer this demand, the government of Australia has brought out the ANZSCO list which mentions all the occupations which are in demand in the nation.
The ANZSCO list consists of two lists known as the Schedule 3 and Schedule 4 which consists of the entire set of occupations. Those applying under the General Skilled Migrant program must ensure that their occupation falls in Schedule 3. The occupations in Schedule 4 have to be applied for under the Sponsored (State Nomination/Blood Relation) or under Regional Programs. The applicant has to score at least 120 points to qualify for immigration.
The occupation of a Surveyor is enlisted in both Schedule 3 and 4 which gives an option to the applicants to apply under any of the above-mentioned categories. Below mentioned are some of the duties and responsibilities which a Developer Programmer would be expected to perform.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- A surveyor has to design as well as collect the map manuscripts through digital and graphical source materials which include survey documents, reports and statistics and so on.
- Organizing and monitoring the work being done by the cartographic technicians in the production as well as in the reproduction of maps.
- Deciding on the various positions on the points of interest on the surface of earth. These include marine floors etc. and developing the final product in the digital format.
- Helping with suggestions to the surveyors along with other professionals regarding the requirement of data for the production of the map and so on.
- Monitoring the organization of plans, charts, maps as well as drawings to bring out a pictorial description and catering to the spatial information systems which are automated.
Apart from the above, there are additional responsibilities which the professional would be expected to perform.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher education.
- In some cases, both qualification, as well as relevant experience, is required to qualify for the same.
- On the job training might be required in specific cases.
If you are a surveyor intending to immigrate to Australia for better opportunities, write to us at [email protected] to know more on the same.