The ANZSCO list has been brought out by the Australian government which invites foreign skilled migrants to come and work in Australia. This list mentions all those occupations which are in-demand for skilled labor which the nation is short of. The ANZSCO list consists of two lists- Schedule 3 and Schedule 4.
Those applicants with their occupation falling under Schedule 3 list have to apply for immigration via the General Skilled Migrant program. However, the Schedule 4 occupations have to be applied via Sponsored (State Nomination/Blood Relation) or under Regional Programs. At the same time, the occupation of a quantity surveyor falls in both the above lists which give an option to the applicant to apply through any of the above categories.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinating and guiding the labor at the site along with ensuring that the construction materials, plant and equipment are delivered. With this, laying down the programs in detail for the site activities to be carried out appropriately.
- Supervising incase of any changes in design, reviewing the cost effects, negotiating the variations related to designs, measuring as well as valuing the same.
- Examining the structural systems to get an insight into the static and dynamic loads.
- Designing the structures in such a manner that it does not bend, twist or collapse or even vibrate in unwanted ways.
- Collecting and testing rock and soil samples to study the behavior of the same when a structure is placed on it.
Apart from the above, there are additional responsibilities which the professional would be expected to perform.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher education.
- In some cases, both qualification as well as relevant experience is required to qualify for the same.
- On the job training might be required in specific cases.
If you are a quantity surveyor intending to immigrate to Australia for better opportunities, write to us at [email protected] to know more on the same.