Registered Nurse (Development Disability) is one of the many occupations mentioned in the ANZSCO list. This list caters to all those occupation which is short of labor in Australia. There are two sub lists under the ANZSCO list known as Schedule 3 and Schedule 4. The occupation of registered nurses is mentioned both of the lists which mean that an applicant has an option to apply through either of the following:
- General Skilled Migrant program (meant for Schedule 3)
- Sponsored (State Nomination/Blood Relation) or under Regional Programs (meant for Schedule 4 occupations)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Executing and evaluation apart from designing the nursing care for patients as per the consented standards and practices.
- Monitoring and organizing the work of the nurses who are enrolled along with the other health care workers.
- Working in close coordination with health professionals and with the members of health teams and so on.
- Catering to interventions, therapies including medications, monitoring the responses pertaining to the treatment and care.
Apart from the above, there are additional responsibilities which the professional would be expected to perform.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher education.
- In some cases, both qualification as well as relevant experience is required to qualify for the same.
- On the job training might be required in specific cases.
If you are a registered nurse intending to immigrate to Australia for better opportunities, write to us at [email protected] to know more on the same.