The occupation of a Registered Nurse 254417 (Disability and Rehabilitation) is one of the many occupations mentioned in the ANZSCO list which has brought out by the Australian government. This list caters to all those jobs which are short of qualified and skilled professionals who can perform the job efficiently. This list is divided into two categories:
- Schedule 3 – The occupations under this category have to be applied via the General Skilled Migrant program.
- Schedule 4 – The occupations under this list have to be applied via the Sponsored (State Nomination/Blood Relation) or under Regional Programs.
However, this skilled occupation list Australia is mentioned in both the above categories which provide an option for the applicant based on his needs and requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Catering to information to the patient and his family members regarding the treatment and therapy.
- Participating in health education programs and other promotional activities.
- Reviewing, designing, executing as well as evaluation of the care being provided to the patients. This has to be ensured to being done as per the standards set for practice.
- Collaborating with other health professionals and health team members to coordinate the patients care.
- Monitoring and organizing the work of nurses who have been enrolled as well as the health care workers.
Apart from the above, there are additional responsibilities which the professional would be expected to perform.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher education.
- In some cases, both qualification as well as relevant experience is required to qualify for the same.
- On the job training might be required in specific cases.