When it comes to immigrating to a better country, Australia is definitely one of the sought after nations. The nation always has certain jobs in demand for which it seeks foreign skilled migrants. These occupations are mentioned in the ANZSCO list which consists of two lists – Schedule 3 and 4.
Those occupations which feature in Schedule 3 have to be applied for under the General Skilled Migrant category. The occupations under Schedule 4 have to be applied for via the Sponsored (State Nomination/Blood Relation) or under Regional Programs. In both the cases, the applicant has to score a total of 120 points to qualify for immigration. The job of a Social Worker is enlisted in both the above lists which provide an option for the applicant to apply under any of the above categories.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Evaluating the resources pertaining to health and welfare, housing, employment, recreation and other services linked with the community.
- Playing the role of a facilitator for the clients in need and the community services.
- Taking interviews both for individual as well as for family cases and find out the nature and extent of the problems of the clients.
- Collecting all the records and reports pertaining to the case.
- Maintaining contact with the clients to monitor their progress.
- Leading and assisting for the execution of pilot projects for the development of the community and so on.
Apart from the above, there are other responsibilities as well which a telecommunications engineer would be expected to perform.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher education.
- In some cases, both qualification as well as relevant experience is required to qualify for the same.
- On the job training might be required in specific cases.
If you are intending to immigrate in search of better opportunities for life, write to us ASAP at Web@abhinav.com to know more!