Are you looking forward to settle and work in Alberta permanently? Then Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) can surely help you realize your dreams of seeking better opportunities for life. The AINP has been initiated by Government of Alberta and the Immigration and Employment Ministry in association with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in concern with immigration process to Alberta.
There are various categories for immigrants which come under this program based on which an applicant can apply for immigration. One of the categories is the US Visa Holder Category. This category is meant for those candidates who are at present working in the United States on a temporary skilled worker visa. The purpose of this category is to promote the entry of US visa holders who are working temporarily in the United States into Alberta to strengthen the permanent labour force of province. Such candidates are quite high in demand in Alberta.
The eligibility criteria for this category include the following conditions:
- An applicant must be able to demonstrate his intentions and abilities to live permanently in Alberta.
- An applicant must be currently an employee of the United States employer.
- He must be having a valid visa in one of the following categories- H-1B, H-1B1, H-1C, E-3 to show it as proof when the CIC accepts the application of the candidate.
- An applicant must have worked for at least one year in the United States in any one of the qualifying visa categories as mentioned above.
- The current profession of an applicant must come under AINP Occupation under Pressure List for the Strategic Requirement Stream-US Visa Holder Category (this list may include certain changes depending upon Alberta’s current needs in labour market).
There can be inclusion of other conditions as well, for that one must refer to the official website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada. For further information, you can contact any visa and immigration consultants for professional help and guidance.