The new list of 29 occupations brought out by Citizenship and Immigration Canada has created a stir amongst people who were aspiring to migrate to Canada for permanent settlement. This is because now those who fall under the skilled workers category of Canada based on the above list would be given preference. The occupation of Welders & Related Machine Operators has been included under the list of 29 occupations under which an applicant can apply for the immigration and permanent resident status in Canada under skilled worker category.
- They must have completed at least secondary school.
- They must have done a three-year of apprenticeship program.
- Or they must have an experience of three years in the field of trade along with some college degree or some vocational course in wielding.
- They must have authorized certificate in trade as it is mandatory in Alberta but not in other provinces like Nova Scotia , British Columbia , Prince Edward Island to name a few.
For soldering, brazing and weldering machine operators:
- They must have completed their education at least up to secondary level in school.
- They must have few months of professional training in their specific area.
- They must have worked for some time as a machine operator helper.
Duties and Responsibilities
Welders are required to perform the following duties:
- They are responsible of reading and interpreting the various specifications in relation with welding process.
- Welders carry out the various processes to fuse the various parts of the metals with each other.
- Processes to be used for fusion may vary under different conditions. Some are plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) or gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) to mane a few.
- They also run the equipments and machines used in brazing and soldering
- They help in running the machines which are used in the shaping of the metals such as shears, brakes and other machines used in the bending and straightening of the metals.
- They are responsible to repair the decaying parts of the various products of the metals.
- There are certain areas in which welders may have special training such as ship building and repair, custom fabrication, pressure vessel welding, aerospace precision welding, pipeline construction welding and equipment repair welding.
Welding, brazing and soldering machine operators are required to perform the following tasks:
- They repair the metal parts by operating the welding machines
- They braze or solder the machines for the metal bonding.
- They are responsible to maintain and repair the machines and equipments used in various processes such as brazing, welding and soldering.
Apart from above duties, there may be other duties and responsibilities which can be expected from the professional to perform. If your profession comes in the above category and you are able to meet the above requirements then your chances to get migrated to Canada are high. To know more you can write us at [email protected] for further information and professional help.