The new list of 29 occupations brought out by Citizenship and Immigration Canada has created a stir amongst people who were aspiring to migrate to Canada for permanent settlement. This is because now those who fall under the skilled workers category of Canada based on the above list would be given preference. The occupation of Supervisors in Oil and Gas Drilling and Service has been included under the list of 29 occupations under which an applicant can apply for the immigration and permanent resident status in Canada under skilled worker category.
- They must have completed at least secondary school.
- They must have completed their college or some courses in Petroleum Industry Training Service (PITS).
- They must have an experience of at least eight years in the required field.
- They may be asked for two-year college diploma in petroleum engineering technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supervisors are required to perform some/all of the following tasks:
- They are responsible to do supervision and co-ordination work for the workers.
- They prepare the schedule chart to carry out the various activities of workers who drill for oil and gas, operate service rigs or provide oil and gas well services.
- They are responsible to make sure that work activities go according to the schedules and also co-ordinate work activities of one department with other.
- They give orders for materials required and perform the supply related activities.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity.
- They also give training to workers in job duties and ensure safety procedures.
- They make sure that company policies are followed properly.
- They can recommend someone‘s name for some position at the workplace or refer somebody for promotion.
- They prepare reports for production and other work related activities.
Apart from above duties, there may be other duties and responsibilities which can be expected from the professional to perform. If your profession comes in the above category and you are able to meet the above requirements then your chances to get migrated to Canada are high. To know more you can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and professional help.