If you are inclined towards Australia Immigration, then the Department of Border and Immigration Protection (DIBP) is the apex immigration body you will have to deal with. Australia–also known as Down Under and/or Oz—as it is too well known, is a well developed country.
It has a lot to offer to people from all walks of life who wish to immigrate to the nation, not only to work but to study or to spend some leisure time with their family and friends on its crystal-clear beaches.
No matter what the purpose is no individual may enter Down Under without a valid visa. Frankly speaking, getting a visa to your dream country is not a cakewalk. For a common man, acquiring an Australian visa is not at all easy. However for potential applicants, the door of the ‘God’s Own Land’ is always wide open and they can make the cut.
Depending on your specific purpose of visit to the nation, you may submit an application for Australian visa. To successfully apply for Visa to Australia, you may consult a consulate at the Australian High Commission/Embassy, or simply consult an Australian Immigration Consultant who will suggest you appropriate visa category depending on your particular needs and credentials. There is no death of quality and well experienced agents to show you the way and help you migrate to Oz.
VFS Global Pvt Ltd
You may also process your application visa, via VFS Global Pvt Ltd, an authorized body working with the DIBP. But, it’s neither an authorized decision making body nor it provides you assistance in any way. It’s just an authorized body to collect application, visa fees and return passports to the applicants.
Abbott Makes Visa Rules Stricter
As per some latest reports on the issue, the bad news for those applicants, who want to immigrate to Oz at the earliest, is that lately Tony Abbott, the Australian Prime Minister, has made an announcement to make the immigration controls tougher. The latest announcement came against the Sydney hostage siege in December 2014.
Visa Streams for Australia Immigration
For those who remain unaffected by the tougher immigration rules and consider they have strong chance to obtain a visa may apply for visa to Australia under any one of the following categories:
- General Skilled Migration (SkillSelect): It was first introduced in 2012 for skilled workers. It is fundamentally a point based category. To meet the requirements and be accepted, applicants can use their education, skill, age, language proficiency and experience. It has a visa subclass such as Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189), Skilled – Nominated (Subclass 190) Visa and Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (Subclass 489) Visa.
- Employer Sponsored Visas: It is developed to meet the growing demand of skilled workers and granted to those with a sponsorship from an approved Australian sponsor.
- 457 Work Visa: It is basically a temporary business visa and allows Australian employers to offer sponsorship to foreign skilled workers for up-to four years. Primary applicant may bring along his or her family members, and may enter and re-enter the country any number of times till the time visa is legally valid.
- Business Skills Migration: If you are a person of business capabilities, then you may get an easy entry with a Permanent Residence Visa (PRV). Initially, a visa for four years is issued and once you satisfy the DIBP with your abilities, you may successfully submit an application for and be accepted for the prized PR.
- Temporary Residence in Australia: It refers to visa with a validity of fixed period. Acquiring a temporary permit is much easier as compared to permanent visa.
The Australian visa is granted to potential applicants without any discrimination whatsoever on any basis even as potential applications from any background, qualification, age, experience are encouraged to apply for Australian visa.