International Post-Graduates Pilot Project facilitates British Columbia’s higher educational institutions in attracting top overseas students from across the world, which in turn helps the province to retain the best skills for its workforce. This category is a new addition to the British Columbia’s Provincial Nominee Program. Under the International Post-Graduates Pilot Project, those overseas students can apply who have masters/doctorate degrees obtained from authorized British Columbia educational institutions. However, the degree should be obtained within the past 2 years, with or without an employment offer.
The BC Provincial Nominee Program has restricted the category to overseas students from certain programs-
- Natural sciences,
- Applied sciences and
- Health sciences.
Following are the study fields from where the BC PNP considers nominee applications:
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Physical Sciences
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Engineering Technology
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
- Natural Resources Conservation and Research
Following are the requirements the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program expects all nominee applicants applying under the International Post-Graduates Pilot Project to meet:
- The applicants must have obtained the doctorate/masters degrees from accredited post-secondary British Columbia educational institution, which;
- Has been set up under the legislative act of British Columbia; or
- Has gone through the government quality evaluation and obtained government’s approval under the Act of Degree Authorization.
- The applicants must include a reference from the institutions where they obtained their degrees. The application should contain the reference’s contact details.
For more information about the International Post-Graduates Pilot Program, contact an Immigration and visa Consultant!