If you want your spouse to come with you to Canada, following are the facets that must be kept in mind:
- Genuine relationship: An essential requirement is that you and your spouse must have a bona-fide relationship with each other. The Immigration officers should never think that this relationship is crafted only to fulfill the purpose of Immigration!
- The officers should never think or speculate that the applicant is trying to take advantage of the Canadian immigration system.
- Ensure that the spouse has a clear background and is free from any criminal record
- Spouse or dependants may be refused on the basis of their medical inadmissibility. It is mandatory to provide documentation related with health records and other facets.
- Marriage Certificate: If you were married in Canada, you are required to show your marriage certificate. If married outside Canada, the marriage must comply with your country’s law.
- Financial statements should be shown in the form of bank slips, loan payments (if any) and proof of other assets
It would be beneficial to consult an Immigration expert and clear all your doubts on How to bring your spouse to Canada.