The Strategic Occupations stream under the Provincial Nominee Program of British Columbia is for applicants who have a job offer from an employer in British Columbia employer. This stream of the BC PNP allows the participating employers of the province to look for and recruit overseas skilled workers in order to meet the employment requirements of the labor market. However, employers must satisfy the program that the vacancies that they have cannot be filled by the citizens/PR of Canada, but overseas skilled workers.
Those who want to apply under the BC Provincial Nominee Program Strategic Occupations Stream are required to have an employment offer in hand from an employer in British Columbia or they must possess masters/doctorate degree from a British Columbia post-secondary institution in either,
- Natural science
- Applied science or
- Health sciences
There are five categories in the Strategic Occupations Stream under which applications for provincial nomination are accepted. They are:
- Skilled Workers
- Designated Health Care Professionals
- International Graduates
- International Post Graduates Pilot Project
- Entry-level and Semi-skilled Pilot Project
Below are a few basic requirements of all the above mentioned categories:
- An applicant must have the intention to settle in British Columbia.
- An applicant must posses the abilities to be financially established in the province.
- If an applicant is applying from inside Canada or he/she has already been in Canada, the applicant must be a lawful immigrant in the country. The applicant must not be facing any deportation order.
- An applicant must not be having an active asylum claim.
- If an applicant is applying for the nomination from outside Canada, he/she must not be facing any order against entering Canada.
For more information about the BC PNP, contact an Immigration and Visa Consultant!