Mr. Sean Fraser, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship, launched Canada’s first-ever Tech Talent Strategy at Collision 2023. The new strategy has come under the spotlight for its new measures and improvements on the systems to help small to large-scale businesses in Canada thrive in a competitive landscape. As a part of the Tech Talent Strategy, Minister Fraser has announced several aggressive and attractive attraction measures in the existing startup visa program.
Positive Changes to Startup Visa Program:
- The year 2023 is witnessing an increased quota of Canada Startup Visa of a target of 3500 target approvals for Federal Business Programs (Startup Visa & Self-employed program). And the figures will further increase the years for 2024 and 2025 by 5000 and 6000, respectively.
- Startup applicants can now apply for a work permit granted for a maximum of three years instead of one year, according to the earlier norm.
- Startup applicants can apply for an Open Work Permit instead of the current procedure that limits them to work for their venture.
- The three-year Open Work Permit will be available to each member of the entrepreneurial business team instead of those who were essential and urgently needed in Canada according to the previous norm.
- Canada is prioritizing applications supported by venture capital, angel investor groups and business incubators who commit capital, and applications supported by Business Incubators who are members of Canada’s Tech Network.
If you wish to apply for Canada Startup Visa, always remember – that Abhinav is affiliated with Manitoba Technology Accelerator (A designated member of Canada’s Tech Network), which will help you bypass the complexities of the program and achieve the visa hassle-free. For more info, connect with us at 8595338595 or mail us at [email protected]