Immigration under the Federal Skilled Worker program to Canada is permitted to only those applicants who satisfy the following requirements:
- A valid arranged employment offer from a Canadian Employer or
- At least one year of full-time work experience which is paid and continuous in one of listed 29 eligible occupations.
It has to be noted that there is a limit of 20,000 applications under the Federal Skilled Worker program to be processed from the applications received under 29 listed occupations. Further, not more than 1,000 applications under the list would be considered for processing within the advised duration. The valid period for current year is June 26th 2010 to June 30th 2011. However, these caps are not applicable to those applicants having arranged offer of employment.
One of the most popular eligible occupations is the Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management (1122). This category accepts applications from marketing, advertising, public relations, business and financial analyses, management and organizational consulting and related categories.
As on 5th of November, 2010 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp) 1000 applications have been received by the department. This information was posted on the CIC website on or around 5th of November, 2010. Now, that this limit has been crossed, Citizenship and Immigration Canada can and will only accept applications from those who already have a job offer in hand. Thus, ABHINAV will not be accepting or dispatching any more applications under NOC 1122 during the remaining quota period (June 26th 2010 to June 30th 2011) under consideration. In fact, many applications received prior to 5th November, 2010 may also be return without processing. The reason is that the inventory levels of 1000 were reached at CIO before their application was considered.
Applicants opting to file under this occupational classification have following choices:
- Keep working on files to ensure that they are ready in all respects, complete with all the relevant documents. We shall file it as soon as the new quota is opened on 1st July 2011. It may happen that this NOC might not be listed in the quota for the next year but a generic occupation is normally a part of occupations lists. The probability of similar occupations in which applicants are eligible in 1122, appearing in the new lists is very high. This is advised for those who do not wish to pursue any other immigration option or destination.
- Consider filing under alternate immigration programs. Some of the options are:
- Immigration to Canada through Quebec Skilled Migrant Program
- Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
- UK Tier 1 Program
- Denmark Green card
- Singapore Landed Permanent Resident visa
- Immigration to Australia
If, you are keen on pursuing any of above options, kindly send the following information to [email protected] for appropriate advice.
- Your updated resume
- Information on any blood relatives residing in any of the mentioned countries
- Annual gross income for the last 12 months
- Have you or your spouse, at any time during qualification or work, learned French or any other foreign language?
- If married, provide the above information for the spouse as well
- If applicable, please provide information on children and their age